The Reverend Billy Graham, worldwide evangelist and “Pastor to the Presidents”, had a humble beginning here in Tampa, specifically in Temple Terrace. Billy Graham attended Florida Bible Institute in Temple Terrace along the Hillsborough River…

The Reverend Billy Graham attended Florida Bible Institute in Temple Terrace, Florida from 1937 through 1940 when he graduated. During his time in Temple Terrace, he would recount how he felt God’s call on his life to enter the ministry preaching the…

The original idea conceived by Bertha Honoré Palmer, usually referred to as Mrs. Potter-Palmer, was to see the Temple Terrace area developed into a gold community surrounded by extensive citrus groves. After her death in 1918 and the subsequent sale…

Originally situated at 914 River Hills in Temple Terrace, the D. Collins Gillett house was the largest and most palatial of the original 8 buildings erected in the 1920's. Built in 1922-1923 by architect M. Leo Elliot the Gillett house was a…

Situated on the top of the hill on Sleepy Hollow Avenue is the Cody Fowler House. The home was built in 1922- 1923 by architect M. Leo Elliot; the domed roof can be seen in several of his builds. (example photo 2) The home is considered part of the…

The Temple Terrace Garden Club joined the Florida Federation of Garden Club in 1949. Plans were later developed in 1954 to help beautify the city, in which the Temple Terrace Garden Club planted Magnolia’s and Palm Trees alongside the highway. The…

The Temple Terrace Garden Club is the oldest club in Temple Terrace, dating back to 1946. Temple Terrace was a small community with no activities in the area, but this organization brought the residents of this city together, collectively. On May…

The Woodmont Clubhouse was built in 1928, as part of the original estate property. Initially, the clubhouse served as a horse stable for winter visitors and full-time residents. The stables were later converted into a one-room and after that a…